Our investment advice is independent and on an unrestricted basis.
Whenever we offer specific advice to clients, we will always ensure that:
- It is supported with all the detail necessary for our clients to make an informed decision as to whether or not they should adopt the advice.
- In particular there will be transparency about all of the costs involved – not only our own adviser fees, but also those of any additional third parties, such as investment fund managers, product providers and electronic trading platform operators.
- We will also advise on any tax implications in what is being recommended.
- And there will be an assessment of the risk factors involved.
- In fact we always ensure that clients are comfortable with whatever we recommend.
On all transactions that we arrange for clients, they will be advised whether or not:
- Statutory cancellation rights apply.
- Solvency protection from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme applies.
The types of product on which we can offer advice are:
- Bank and building society accounts.
- National Savings accounts.
- Certain types of life assurance policies (those that include an investment element).
- Life assurance company investment bonds.
- Pension plans (including pension transfers and “income drawdown” arrangements)
- Individual savings accounts (“ISAs”).
- Investment trusts.
- Unit trusts.
- Open-ended investment companies (“OEICs”).
- Investment companies with variable capital (“ICVCs”)
- Exchange traded funds (“ETFs”)
- Enterprise investment schemes (“EIS”)
- Venture capital trusts (“VCT”)
- Business relief schemes (for Inheritance Tax planning).
- Structured products.
The types of product on which we do not offer advice are:
- Motor, home, travel, sickness and accident insurances.
- Certain types of life assurance policies (those offering protection only).
- Mortgages (including “equity release schemes”).
- House purchase (including “buy-to-let”).
- Individual holdings of stocks and shares.
- Options, futures and other Stock Exchange derivative trading instruments.
- Long-term care arrangements.